Cerave skin renewing night cream was formulated together with dermatologists. This cream is designed for use at night.
The cream does is to help repair and maintain the health of your skin’s protective barrier.
It does this during the night because that is the time that this barrier is more receptive than during the day. The renewing night cream also ensures that you have refreshed and renewed skin in the morning.
CeraVe Night Cream for Face | 1.7 Ounce | Skin Renewing Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide | Packaging May Vary
- [ PEPTIDE COMPLEX ] Help reduced the look of fine lines and wrinkles while supporting skin elasticity
- [ OVERNIGHT MOISTURIZER ] Helps soften, hydrate and retain skin's moisture with hyaluronic acid: Renew the look of tired skin overnight
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Skin’s ceramide balance can be disrupted with age which can contribute to dry skin: CeraVe Skin Renewing is formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and non-irritating formula
Benefits of using Cerave Renewing Night Cream
The cream is Noncomedogenic. This means that it will not lead to clogging of your pores which may cause breakouts. Therefore, you can use this cream without worrying about it, causing breakouts.
The cream is fragrance-free. This means that it does not have any scent or fragrances. Most of the ingredients that are used to make fragrances contain irritants that maybe harmful for the skin. Therefore, the cream does not have any of these in its formula.
The cream uses a gentle formula. The formula it uses does not irritate the skin.
The renewing night cream was formulated with dermatologists and this makes you sure of its safety to use on your skin. The cream helps in refreshing and renewing your skin.
The key ingredients in Cerave Renewing Night Cream include:
- Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, ceramide 6-II
- Hyaluronic acid
All the ingredients in cerave renewing night cream
- purified water,
- biosaccharide gum-1,
- caprylic/capric triglyceride,
- Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),
- dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer,
- glyceryl stearate se,
- stearic acid,
- cetyl alcohol,
- saccharide isomerate,
- glycine soja (soybean) sterols,
- ceramide 6 ii,
- ceramide 3,
- ceramide 1,
- hyaluronic acid,
- caprooyl tetrapeptide-3,
- cetearyl alcohol,
- behentrimonium methosulphate,
- sodium hydroxide,
- butylene glycol,
- sodium lauroyl lactylate,
- xanthan gum
The Cerave renewing night cream has a thick texture. The cream also has antiaging properties in its formula. The cream helps to deal with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
It also improves the elasticity of the skin. In its formula the cream has Vitamin B and niacinamide. These two ingredients are very helpful in fighting aging on the skin.
The Cerave renewing night cream gives you a softer and smoother skin. The cream does not take very long to get absorbed into the skin. It sinks in very fast.
The cream is very hydrating, it moisturizes your skin overnight and keeps it well hydrated. It includes ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid which are humectants. The Cerave renewing night cream helps to protect the skins barrier by restoring and repairing it.
This cream comes in a plastic jar. The disadvantage of packaging is that most of the ingredients will not last as long as they would have lasted in a tube.
Who should use this cream?
The Cerave renewing night cream is good for use on all skin types. The cream can be used on dry skin, sensitive skin, combination skin, oily skin and acne-prone skin.
The product is beneficial in the following ways:
On acne skin, the cream helps to restore and repair the skin’s protective barrier. It is a good cream for ensuring that dirt, impurities and bacteria that may cause acne are kept away from the skin.
On aging skin, the Cerave renewing night cream reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It has peptides in its ingredients that are very good anti-agers, they do this by improving the product of collagen which helps to fade fine lines and wrinkles.
On dry skin the cream greatly ensures that the skin is kept well hydrated. The ceramides ensure that the skins barrier is restored and the hyaluronic acid ensures that the skin retains enough moisture.
Details about the key ingredients
The cerave skin renewing night cream contains 3 ceramides in its formula just like all Cerave products. These 3 ceramides include ceramide 1, ceramide 6-II and ceramide 2.
These ceramides are very important for the skin. They ensure that your skin’s protective barrier is repaired and restored. They also ensure that the protective barrier is well maintained.
Ceramides are also naturally found in our skin, the help to keep the external layer of the skin healthy. If we did not have ceramides, our skin’s protective barrier would be weak and this would cause a lot of problems on the skin, including irritation, itchiness, and dryness.
Therefore, the skins barrier must be kept healthy and restored. Because this helps to reduce damages that environmental stressors may cause on the skin. So, these ceramides are included in the Cerave renewing night cream to ensure total protection, health and restoration of the skin’s protective barrier.
Cerave also uses MVE (Multivesicular elmusion ( technology), this technology ensures that the skin has all the ceramides it needs and that it is well hydrated. This technology contains both water and oil. This helps in ensuring that your skin barrier is well restored.
Cerave skin renewing cream also contains biometric peptides in its formula. This helps in stimulating collagen production. This ensures that fine lines and wrinkles are reduced on the skin. They also help in improving the skin’s elasticity and firmness.
How can I use this cream?
The cream is formulated for night use. At night, after cleansing your skin. Take an amount of the cream with your hands, apply it to your face, and massage gently until it completely absorbs. Make sure to apply the cream every time before going to bed.
Cerave Skin Renewing Serum
The Cerave renewing serum is formulated to fight wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. The serum is also formulated to protect the skins protective barrier. This serum’s main aim is to make your skin healthier, smoother, and give it brighter complexion.
CeraVe Anti Aging Retinol Serum | 1 Ounce | Cream Serum for Smoothing Fine Lines and Skin Brightening | Fragrance Free
$14.24 in stock
- [ RETINOL SERUM FOR FACE ] Anti-aging facial serum with Retinol to help improve skin’s texture including visible signs of aging for more radiant skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin’s natural moisture, and Niacinamide to help calm skin.
- [ SMOOTH TEXTURE ] Lightweight serum with a gel texture and a non-greasy feel. If layering with an eye cream or facial moisturizer, apply Skin Renew Retinol Serum in a thin layer and allow to fully absorb into skin before applying additional products.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. As you age, studies show that ceramide levels decrease. CeraVe products are formulated with 3 essential ceramides (1,3,6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin barrier.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance free, non-comedogenic, and non-irritating formula. As retinol can cause sun sensitivity, please apply Skin Renewing Retinol Serum at night or wear a facial moisturizer with at least SPF 30 sunscreen if wearing during the day.
The serum contains retinol and ceramides in its ingredients. The ceramide complex in this formula ensures that it stabilizes retinol so that it is not harsh on your skin.
Many retinols are known to cause irritation on the skin. The serum is grease free and easily absorbs into the skin. The serum also contains other ingredients like vitamin D in its formula.
The ingredients in the Cerave skin-renewing serum
- ASCORBIC ACID,
- CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE,
- ALCOHOL DENAT.,
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE,
- AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE,
- CERAMIDE NP,
- CERAMIDE AP,
- CERAMIDE EOP, CARBOMER,
- CETEARYL ALCOHOL,
- BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE,
- SODIUM HYALURONATE,
- SODIUM LAUROYL LACTYLATE,
- TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,
- DISODIUM EDTA,
- ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE,
- CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,
- XANTHAN GUM,
Benefits of using the serum
The serum is lightweight and it is thin. It easily absorbs into the skin. The serum is also very gentle on the skin and does not cause irritations.
The serum also contains antioxidants in its formula.
These antioxidants help give you a brighter skin complexion and reduce the damage environmental pollutants have done on your skin.
The serum is hydrating and it helps to keep your skin well moisturized. This in turn improves the tone of your skin as well as texture. The serum contains ingredients that ensure that it can retain a lot if moisture.
The serum is packaged in a tube and this protects the ingredients in the serum so that they can last long.
The serum is fragrance free. Therefore, it does not contain irritants that are used to make some fragrances. The serum is noncomedogenic and therefore using the serum will not clog your pores
Details on the key ingredients
Cerave Renewing Serum contains hyaluronic acid, an essential humectant that helps draw water to the skin’s epidermis.
This ensures hydration and moisturization of the skin.
It Contains 10% vitamin C in its ingredients. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to reverse the damage caused on the skin. This also helps to give you a brighter skin tone.
Ceramides are there to ensure that the skins protective barrier us restored and maintained.
How can I use the serum?
Take a small amount if the serum and apply it to your neck and face. Apply evenly and gently until it completely sinks into your skin. You can use this serum with a moisturizer or on its own.
Who should use this serum?
The serum is suitable for all skin types. It can be used on aging skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It can be used on oily skin to moisturise the skin without making it shiny or greasy.
It is also non-comedogenic and paraben-free and can be used in acne prone skin. Those with very dry skin may need to use it with a moisturiser.
Similarities and differences between cerave skin renewing cream and serum
The cream comes in a jar, this is not very protective packaging because the ingredients may easily lose their effectiveness, unlike the serum which uses protective packaging and comes in a tube.
The cream is thicker in consistency than the serum, which has a thin and lighter consistency . The cream is also more hydrating and may be well suitable for dry skin than the serum.
These serums both help to fight aging by removing wrinkles and fine lines. They also use MVE technology and are both formulated with dermatologists.