Scrubs and purifying foaming cleansers are widely used to exfoliate the body and face, however, if you want to exfoliate your face without scrubs, you will either need the best exfoliating body lotion with glycolic acid or a homemade lemon juice mixed with olive or grapeseed oil to make a hydrating paste that you can apply to your face then gently massage the area in a circular motion to slough off dead skin cells.
Regardless of which exfoliator you choose to use, leaving your exfoliating lotion on for 10 minutes to 15 minutes before washing it away with warm water helps the skin barrier lock in the moisture it needs.
The same applies if you are using lemon juice as your natural chemical exfoliant. Though drugstore exfoliating lotions with lactic acid are preferred, fresh lemon juice is another beneficial natural alpha-hydroxy acidic exfoliant that removes dead skin cells.
Now, with all physical and chemical exfoliating options readily available at your disposal, its easy to go overboard… Over-exfoliating is very common.
How often should you exfoliate your face?
2-3 times exfoliation is the absolute maximum you should be exposing your body to any form of exfoliating. According to leading dermatologists, Over-exfoliating leaves your skin barrier with tiny cracks that lead to more loss of hydration and inflammation of the dermis.
The market is flush with skin exfoliants that promises you to achieve a flawless, smooth, and clear skin effortlessly without rubbing it raw. But after researching, the newest generation of products, exfoliating body lotion with glycolic acid, stood out as the best exfoliants.
Needless to say that there are two kinds of exfoliators you need to consider long before you head off to Amazon.
Physical Exfoliants: If you are all about physical exfoliation, you will need the ones that use purposely addon grain-like or granules that physically slough off dead skin cells.
Chemical Exfoliants: On the other hand, you have chemical exfoliators like a glycolic acid body lotion that uses face acids. In the end, both synthetic exfoliating body butter or physical exfoliants gives you softer skin, lightens up acne scars, diminishes uneven skin tones, and improves skin texture without making you red or creating wrinkles.
But there can be no mistake…
When it comes to exfoliating, Glycolic acid stands out as one of the safest formulas. It is a natural ingredient that comes with beneficial botanical properties for exfoliation which include treating skin conditions like melasma.
There are so many products that are infused with Glycolic acid. In this article, we will be talking about some of these products and how they help your skin.
But before we get there …
What is Glycolic Acid?
Glycolic acid is a naturally occurring Alpha Hydroxy Acid (abbreviated as AHA). It is one of the main ingredients, included in skincare products, which offers great exfoliating benefits, such as speeding up the process of cell renewal.
The best part about glycolic acid (in its raw state) is that it doesn’t come with a scent, which makes it very safe. Here are some of the benefits that come with glycolic acid.
Benefits of Glycolic Acid
- Safe- No irritations
As we said above, glycolic acid is very safe in nature. For this reason, it is included in a lot of skin care products and is recommended for daily usage.
- Natural occurring
Glycolic acid is naturally derived from plants and it comes with vegetal properties, which is why it is the best ingredient for treating Psoriasis and crepe- just to mention a few.
Glycolic Acid is a very effective ingredient in removing the outermost layer of dead cells, to bring out the fresh skin to the top. .
- Improves collagen production
Glycolic acid improves the production of collagen as well as elastin. This keeps the skin intact and prevents wrinkles as well as fine lines. In the long run, this gives you younger-looking skin.
Top 15 best Exfoliating body lotions with Glycolic acid
Glytone Exfoliating body lotion.
There wouldn’t be a better way to start off our list than with the Glytone exfoliating body lotion. This priceless exfoliating miracle worker is one of the most affordable products you can find on the list of best drugstore chemical exfoliants.
Glytone Exfoliating Body Lotion with 17.5 Free Acid Value Glycolic Acid, Keratosis Pilaris, KP, Smooths Rough & Bumpy Skin, Chicken Skin, Fragrance-Free, 8.4 oz.
- Leveraging Powered with 17.5% Free Acid Value Glycolic Acid, this rich, hydrating body lotion moisturizes, exfoliates dead skin cells & erases rough bumps to correct texture and reveal smoother, healthier skin.
- Formulated with Allantoin and medical-grade Petroleum to nourish and soothe rough, dry patches.
- Apply daily to arms, back of hands, legs and other dry areas on the body.
With the 17.5% concentration of glycolic acid, this lotion not only dissolves all your dead skin cells. It also speeds up the process of cell renewal, thereby replacing the dead skin with a fresh one.
Besides that, the Glytone exfoliating lotion also clears your pores and fights acne-causing bacteria. Rest assured, your acne will be kept at bay.
Lastly, this lotion comes with a pump applicator, which makes it easy to apply.
SkinCeuticals AGE Interrupter.
Containing AHAs, the SkinCeuticals AGE interrupter is a great product for dry, aging skin- hence the name.
It gives you skin just the right amount of hydration which, besides preventing you from extremely dry skin, improves your skin elasticity. This keeps you looking plump, fresh and younger. Also, the blueberry extract goes a long way to prevent the apparition of wrinkles.
Skinceuticals A.g.e. Interrupter New Fresh Product, 1.7 Oz
- A.G.E. Interrupter 1.7Oz(50ml)
- New fresh product
- SkinCeuticals Age
Also, the AGE interrupter contains ceramides, which build a protective barrier you’re your skin to shield you from environmental aggressors.
However, the formula comes at a very high price, but with all the benefits you will get from this product, I say it’s worth the investment.
Amlactin Alpha-Hydroxyl Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion
Next up, we have the Amlactin moisturizing body lotion. This pore-cleaning lotion is packed with a lot of exfoliating agents, making this an ideal lotion for skin conditions like Keratosis pilaris and crepe among many others.
AmLactin Rapid Relief Restoring Lotion + Ceramides, 14.1 Ounce with Pump, Paraben Free
$26.67 in stock
- More than a moisturizer: From the #1 dermatologist-recommended moisturizer brand with lactic acid comes the deeply hydrating lotion with ceramides for long-lasting relief from flaky, ashy, dry skin
- 2-in-1 exfoliator and moisturizing lotion: AmLactin uses lactic acid to boost healthy skin renewal through gentle exfoliation while ceramides provide 24 hours of intense hydration by locking in moisture; resulting in visibly restored; youthful skin
- Clinically-supported concentration: A clinical trial on lactic acid showed that the most significant skin improvements were achieved with 10% lactic acid or higher; AmLactin Rapid Relief contains 15% to ensure potent skin care
- AmLactin Rapid Relief moisturizing lotion is non-greasy, fragrance-free and paraben-free; suitable for use as a face moisturizer; hand lotion and/or body lotion; packaging may vary
- Reclaim your skin with Amlactin’s selection of exfoliating lotions and creams; ideal for moisturizing skin prone to eczema or psoriasis
The formula integrates alpha-hydroxyl and lactic acid, which work on reducing your pore sizes, thus giving you a smoother skin. It also conceals black spots on you face, arms, legs and pretty much any area on your body.
Also, this dermatologist-tested lotion is said to be the best choice for eliminating dry, patchy areas on the skin, especially those caused by sun damage.
SKIN PERFECTING AHA Gel Exfoliant
The skin Perfecting AHA gel formula has an 8% concentration of glycolic acid, which is enough to give you the best exfoliating properties.
Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid Chamomile & Green Tea, 3.3 Ounce Pump Leave-On Gentle Exfoliator
- NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: gently removes dull skin, naturally revealing the radiance hidden underneath. Revitalizes the skin's surface and helps keep skin hydrated by removing dead cells and preparing the skin's surface to receive moisture.
- Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid, Chamomile, and Green Tea can help minimize the look of discolorations and age spots, and with consistent use can increase skin's firmness. Use after cleanser and toner twice daily.
- With antioxidants from green tea and other natural ingredients, and the soothing power of chamomile, plus the exfoliating benefits of glycolic acid, this unique lightweight gel soothes as it revitalizes your skin leaving it soft, smooth, and radiant.
- SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING: As part of our pledge to the planet, we’re removing extra plastic from our shipping boxes, like shrink wrap.
- Using a chemical exfoliator is gentler on the delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. An AHA face exfoliator delivers hydration and can reach the deeper, built up layers of dead skin that scrubs don't.
This product is suitable for people with normal to combination skin. In terms of ingredients, the gel contains chamomile, which works on soothing the skin.
Also, the formula features green tea which comes with antioxidant benefits, plus hyaluronic acid and a hydrating ingredient called panthenol to… you know.
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Lotion
Do you like to spend most of your summer days sunbathing or swimming? Well, the Olay Ultra moisture body lotion is a great way for your skin to keep up to your lifestyle- or as I like to call it, summer fever.
Body Lotion by Olay, Quench Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter, 11.8 fl oz (Pack of 3)
- Ultra Moisture Body Lotion goes beyond mositurization to improve skin’s barrier over time
- Skin feels noticeably soft, smooth & more resistant to skin dryness with continued use
- Ultra Moisture Body lotion with shea butter and vitamin E
- Feel moisture that lasts all day
- Experience 24 hours of moisture from Olay
The lotion is said to contain Shea butter, vitamin E as well as Vitamin B3 (also known as niacinamide), all of which work to attract moisture to your skin at a time when your skin needs it the most.
Plus, its formula incorporates Dimethicone, which works on sealing the moisture on your skin, for a more 24-hour hydration. That’s in insane, right?
Cetaphil Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizing lotion
If you are battling intense eczema or you have extremely dry skin, the Cetaphil Restorandum Eczema calming body lotion has your “6, 9, 3 and your 12”- That’s code for “back, your sides and you front”
The product has been tested by dermatologists and proven to be the best for reducing inflammations caused by acne and/or calming extremely irritated skin.
Cetaphil Pro Restoraderm Gentle Body Moisturizer, Eczema Calming, 10-Fluid Ounces
- Clinically proven to provide immediate and long-lasting moisturization of dry and itchy skin
- Ceramide technology helps repair the skin barrier, safe for babies 3 months and older
- Easily absorbed and restores moisture to help repair the skins barrier and do not use on open wounds
- Free of fragrances, parabens and nut oils, Paraben, nut oil, fragrance, and steroid free
- Suitable for use with Cetaphil PRO Gentle Body Wash, avoid contact with eyes
It is enriched with exfoliating as well as hydrating agents, which dissolve your dead skin cells and improves your cell renewal, so you enjoy a more youthful skin.
DerMend Alpha + Beta Hydroxy Moisturizer Glycolic Acid Skin Lotion
Awarded with so many positive reviews for its exfoliating benefits, The DerMend Alpha + Beta Hydroxy skin lotion stands out to be another great choice if you are dealing with skin conditions like Keratosis pilaris.
DerMend Alpha + Beta Hydroxy Moisturizer Moisturizing Glycolic Acid Skin Cream - 4.5 Ounces
- Ceramide-rich moisturizer
- For severely dry skin
- Gently Exfoliates
Unlike most products, this skin lotion comes with a great blend of glycolic acid as well as salicylic acids. These are the key ingredients that help you to exfoliate your skin while reducing your large pores
Also, it comes in a lightweight formula, which gives it fast-absorbing properties. Speaking of which, the product gives you visible results in as little as a week. Overall, this lotion is recommended for all skin types, down to the most sensitive skin.
Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion
Enriched with mineral oil, the Mustela Hydra Bebe body lotion is said to be the best lotion for dry skin.
It comes in a thick, dense formula which effectively treats inflammations, dry skin as well as red skin. It is a very safe product as it doesn’t contain parabens, phthalates or phenoxyethanol.
Mustela Hydra Bebe Face Cream, Baby Daily Moisturizer , 1.35 oz
- This exceptionally rich face cream penetrates effortlessly to deliver immediate and long-lasting moisture to your baby's delicate face.
Because it has a thick texture, it can take a longer time to sink into your pores. Despite that, it won’t leave any greasy finishes, which is great.
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
The CeraVe moisturizing lotion is another great product for treating dry, patchy skin as well as clogged pores. With its popularity, I’m sure you have come across this lotion at some point.
This lotion comes in a lightweight formula, which doesn’t clog your pores. It is enriched with hyaluronic acid which, besides attracting moisture to the skin, seals in the moisture, thus preventing the skin from drying up. That being said, it doesn’t leave your face greasy.
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion for Itch Relief | 8 Ounce | Dry Skin Itch Relief Lotion with Pramoxine Hydrochloride | Fragrance Free
$15.13 in stock
- [ CERAVE ANTI ITCH LOTION ] Temporarily relieves itching associated with insect bites, sunburn, poison ivy while moisturizing dry skin. Lightweight texture that is absorbed quickly for softened skin with non-greasy feel.
- [ CLINICALLY TESTED ] Provides relief within two minutes and lasts up to 8 hours. 100 percent of people experienced relief for even their most severe itch; clinical study done on 34 subjects. Individual results may vary.
- [ SOOTHING INGREDIENTS ] Formulated with 1% Pramoxine Hydrochloride for fast-acting, long-lasting temporary itch-relief, Niacinamide to help calm skin, and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin’s natural moisture.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] Suitable for use on face, body, and hands to temporarily relieve itching. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, steroid-free, and non-comedogenic.
If you have sensitive skin, this is the ideal candidate, as it is a fragrance-free, mineral-oil free product which won’t cause any irritations.
Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer
Before we describe this product, I just want to get one thing straight. The Hempz lotion is not, in any way, integrated with marihuana.
Hempz Moisturizer Lotion Gallon, 128 Ounce
- Hempz Herbal Moisturizer
- Natural Hemp Seed Extract and pure Vitamins.
- 1 GALLON with PUMP
- WE HAVE A LARGE SELETION OF LOTION PRODUCTS IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!
This Hemp plant is squeezed to produce an ingredient called Hemp seed oil. This oil gives the skin great antioxidant benefits.
Overall, the product reduces your large pores and it nourishes your skin with Vitamins and anti-aging properties for that picture-perfect appearance. Also, the Hempz original herbal body moisturizer is vegan and free of parabens.
Replenix Smoothing Body Lotion
If you are looking for a great moisturizing lotion that you can apply at night, then the replenix body lotion is a product that I would recommend to you.
This lotion is said to contain hyaluronic acid, which is the main ingredient that attracts and retains moisture on your skin. This leaves your skin plump and healthy.
Glycolix 15% Body Lotion, 12 Fl Oz
- Provides moisture while exfoliating dead skin cells on the body
- Formulated with ultra-pure 15% glycolic acid
- Enhanced with a rich blend of antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E, CoQ10, green tea extract and aloe Vera leaf juice to nourish, calm and moisturize the skin barrier
- Fast-absorbing, non-drying formulation is great for Keratosis Pilaris patients
- Gluten-free and oil-free; non-comedogenic
It also has a lightweight formula which, in combination to the retinol, gives it fast-absorbing properties, so it can give you results even faster.
However, the thin retinol may give you some reactions when exposed to the sun, which is why it should be used as a night cream. Alternatively, you can use it during the day. Just make sure you always layer it with sunscreen and you will be fine.
Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Next up, we have the Aveeno Active Naturals daily moisturizing lotion. This product is enriched with Natural oatmeal, which actively clears and nourishes your skin pores.
Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin, with Natural Shea Butter & Triple Oat Complex, Unscented Therapeutic Body Lotion for Itchy, Extra-Dry Skin, 18 fl. oz
$9.64 in stock
- 18-fluid ounces of Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Body Lotion with a soothing triple oat and shea butter formula helps heal very dry skin and provides clinically proven relief for itchy, dry skin with 48-hour moisture
- The dimethicone skin protectant with a soothing triple oat and hydrating shea butter formula, which includes oat flour, oat extract and oat oil, that provides soothing relief for itchy, dry skin and locks in long-lasting moisture
- The non-greasy, non-comedogenic formula of this skin relief moisturizing lotion has been allergy tested and is specially formulated for sensitive skin and is free of fragrances, parabens and dyes
- Gentle enough for use on sensitive skin, this unscented daily lotion is rich, yet fast-absorbing and helps heal itchy, very dry skin with 48-hour moisture
- From the dermatologist-recommended skincare brand for over 70 years, Aveeno uses the goodness of nature and the power of science to keep your skin looking healthy and feeling balanced
Also, it has exfoliating agents, which dissolve the dead skin cells away while improving cell renewal, so you can keep looking younger for as long as you have this lotion in your regimen.
On top of that, it is free of fragrances, making it one of the safest products you can find. Lastly, the Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion is an excellent choice for normal to dry skin types. Ageing skin can also take advantage of the anti-ageing properties of this great product.
SKIN PERFECTING 25% AHA + 2% BHA Gel
This is a gel that has a rich blend of 25% concentration of AHAs and 2% of BHAs. As such, it is one of the best exfoliating gels out there.
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel, Fragrance-Free & Paraben-Free, 1 Oz
- ANTI-AGING IN 10 MINUTES: Dramatically resurface skin while fighting signs of aging with this powerful exfoliating facial peel. Once weekly, apply after cleansing. Rinse off after 10 minutes & follow with remainder of routine.
- CONCENTRATED 25% AHA BLEND & 2% BHA: Alpha hydroxy acid blend smooths wrinkles & refines rough bumpy texture while salicylic acid unclogs, decongests and minimizes large pores & blackheads.
- PROVEN RESULTS: Based on a consumer self-assessment, 98% agreed skin felt soft and smooth after use & 91% agreed skin looked brighter.
- SKIN TYPE: This smooth, liquid-gel formula is suitable for all skin types including normal, oily, combination & dry. Always patch test prior to use. Mild tingling may occur, do not use on sensitized skin.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
This skin-perfecting gel removes the dead skin cells on the surface while improving the process of cell renewal.
Besides this, the formula reduces the appearance of wrinkles as well as fine lines, giving you the smoother and finer skin texture.
Neutrogena Body Lotion Light Sesame Formula
The Neutrogena Body Lotion Light Sesame Formula is another lotion that is supreme for exfoliating and skin-replenishing benefits.
Neutrogena Moisturizing Sheer Body Oil-Lotion, Lightweight & Fast-Absorbing Sesame Oil Formula, 32 fl. oz
- 32-fluid ounce pump bottle of lightweight, moisturizing body lotion enriched with sesame oil from the dermatologist-recommended Neutrogena skincare brand
- The part lotion, part sesame oil formula of this body moisturizer silkens skin while it hydrates and is fast-absorbing with a whisper-light feel, leaving skin moisturized without the heavy feeling of other lotions
- Formulated for the body, this sesame oil body lotion glides on easily and deeply hydrates so that skin feels soft, silky and smooth
- Oil body lotion is so sheer and lightweight, it absorbs instantly allowing your skin to breathe and is non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores, making it suitable for all skin types
- Suitable for daily use, apply this body moisturizer on your skin after bathing and throughout the day for radiant, healthier-looking skin. Unscented
Thanks to the lightweight formula, this product comes with some fast-absorbing properties. As such, clogged pores should be the last thing you will be worried about.
Users have stated that this lotion is very easy to apply on the skin. Also, it leaves you feeling smooth and fresh every time. I should mention that it does have a light scent to it, but that shouldn’t cause any irritations.
RESIST Advanced Smoothing Treatment AHA and BHA
Last by not least, we have the Resist Advanced smoothing treatment for normal to dry skin types.
This is a unique exfoliating treatment that combines not 2, not 3, but 4 Alpha Hydroxyl Acid ingredients. These are glycolic, lactic, malic, and tartaric acid. Also, the lotion has salicylic acid, which is a BHA.
Paula's Choice RESIST Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA Serum, Lactic, Glycolic & Malic Acids, Anti-Aging Exfoliant for Dry Skin, 1 Ounce
- COMBAT TEXTURE & DULLNESS: This super-concentrated exfoliating cocktail dramatically smooths away visible sun damage and other advanced signs of aging, revealing more radiant, visibly younger skin with just one use.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Use Paula's Choice RESIST Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA Serum Exfoliant weekly or as needed in your evening care routine along with your favorite Paula's Choice cleanser, toner, serums, essence, spot treatments, and moisturizer.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
Besides that, it incorporates ceramides which give the skin a protective barrier to retain moisture and fight effects of sun damage.